Starting June 15th the GdM team will be using Kickstarter to raise $19,500USD (just over $27,100AUD) to fund Evil is a Matter of Perspective: An Anthology of Antagonists.
Our anthology will put you in the shoes of your favourite fantasy antagonists. We’ve gathered one hell of a team: seventeen brilliant fantasy authors, two amazing artists, a designer, editors and a team of readers from GdM. The stories will range from epic fantasy to good ol’ grimdark fantasy and most things in between.
The Evil is a Matter of Perspective team
Seventeen authors were kind enough to commit their efforts to Evil is a Matter of Perspective:
- R. Scott Bakker (The Second Apocalypse)
- Michael R. Fletcher (Manifest Delusions)
- Jeff Salyards (Bloodsounder’s Arc)
- Teresa Frohock (Los Nefilim)
- Adrian Tchaikovsky (Shadows of the Apt, The Tiger and the Wolf)
- Brian Staveley (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne)
- Kaaron Warren (The Gate Theory, Mistification)
- Marc Turner (Chronicles of the Exile)
- Courtney Schafer (The Shattered Sigil)
- Deborah A. Wolf (The Dragon’s Legacy)
- Alex Marshall (Crimson Empire)
- Bradley P. Beaulieu (The Song of the Shattered Sands, The Lays of Anuskaya)
- Shawn Speakman (The Annwn Cycles)
- Matthew Ward (Shadow of the Raven, Coldharbour)
- Mazarkis Williams (The Tower & Knife)
Stretch goal authors:
This lineup is joined by the experienced members of the GdM team: Tom Smith, Mike Myers, Cheresse Burke, Jewel Gray, Kristy Mika, Diarmuid Hughes, and Adrian Collins.
What you get by backing this Kickstarter
The 15+ stories and associated art works will be on offer in four different formats–three print and one electronic:
- e-book (Kindle, ePub, and PDF)
- Hardcover (with dust jacket)
- Lettered special edition:
- Limited to 26
- Signed by all the author contributors
- Arizona leather cover
There will also be a range of other backing options on offer, such as tuckerisations and editing, for those who want more.
The best Kickstarters boast killer stretch goals that keep adding content. Ours is no different. As we bust through our funding goal and keep going north, here’s our first list of stretch goals:
- Interior art by Jason Deem (financial goal)
- Additional short story by Mark Alder (financial goal)
- Additional short story by Janny Wurts (financial goal)
- Author pay bump from $0.10 per word to $0.12 per word (financial goal)
- Open window for 2x unsolicited submissions (financial goal)
- eBooks from Ragnarok Publications (backer numbers goal):
- Blackguards: Tales of Assassins, Mercenaries, and Rogues
- The Heresy Within by Rob J. Hayes
- eBooks from Cohesion Press (backer numbers goal):
- Into the Mist by Lee Murray
- SNAFU: Survival of the Fittest
- FUBAR by Weston Ochse
- eBooks from Matthew Ward (backer number goal):
- A Matter of Belief (novella)
- The Tribute (novellette)
- First year bundle deal from Grimdark Magazine (backer numbers goal)
- Second year bundle deal from Grimdark Magazine (backer numbers goal)
If we bust through these goals we’ll be adding further content to keep increasing the amount of value you get for your dollar. Any fiction budget left over will go into sourcing and purchasing more short stories.
The Add-Ons list is still being put together, so keep an eye on our blog for more information.
Back the Kickstarter
Evil is a Matter of Perspective is planned and ready to go for a June 15th launch. We need your commitment to get to print and to turn nine months of planning into a reality.
More to come on Evil is a Matter of Perspective from GdM and the authors over the next few weeks! Keep an eye on our social media pages for more!