Another quarterly issue of Grimdark Magazine has just hit the stands and been sent out to our subscribers! Featuring futuristic hunting parks, cyberpunk samurai and cybernetic attack dogs, a good old fashioned nordic-style mythical tale, and a range of articles, reviews, and interviews, there is plenty for you to get your teeth into in issue Grimdark Magazine Issue #29.
Once again, Carlos Diaz has absolutely blown me away with his depiction of a Kai Ken cybernetic attack dog from T.R. Napper‘s story, The Shapes of our Fever. Napper’s description of the Kai Ken is pretty terrifying, and Carlos has really nailed that fear and the scene.
Grimdark Magazine Issue #29 features more sci-fi than fantasy–which I know is quite rare for GdM’s pages–but I know you’re going to love the stories we have for you. In addition, Beth is at her usual best in getting some in depth discussions happening with authors, and Aaron gets into one of the topics you should probably never discuss at the dinner table: religion in fantasy.
- Monster/Hunter by Jordan Ross
- An Interview with T.R. Napper
- Religion in Fantasy: Finding Meaning in the Madness by Aaron S. Jones
- An Interview with Scott Drakeford
- Review: The Chosen Twelve by James Breakwell
- An Interview with John Birmingham
- The Saga of Hilde Ansgardóttir by Jesse Bullington
- Review: Soul Hunter by Aaron Dembski Bowden
- An Interview with David Slayton
- The Shapes of our Fever
Read Grimdark Magazine Issue #29
Grab it from our webstore, here, or direct from Amazon, below.