Amongst all that’s happening in the world, it’s actually just dawned on me that we’ve published our 30th issue of Grimdark Magazine!!! Rewind eight or so years, and I did not think we’d ever get this far down the track. Thousands of ezine issues and anthology copies sold, hundreds of authors, article writers, and interviews published, and well over 1,000 book reviews put out there to help connect the readers and authors of this awesome community. Just mental to think we’d get this far.
With that quick bit of team-based back patting out of the way, let’s get stuck into the grimdark goodness coming your way in Grimdark Magazine Issue #30!
Issue #30 line up
Over the years, we’ve been fortunate enough to be trusted by a broad range of authors to publish their work, and this issue is no different. Our TOC for this issue is below:
- Bone Armour by Victoria Hayward
- An Interview with Kel Kade (Beth Tabler)
- Sympathy for the Devil: The Evolution of the Villain by Aaron S. Jones
- State of Oblivion by Kaaron Warren
- An Interview with Mark Lawrence (Beth Tabler)
- Dances with Devils: Loving the Antihero by Deborah A Wolf
- Roses in Winter by Angela Boord
- Review: Destiny of the Dead by Kel Kade (Beth Tabler)
- An Interview with Stephen Blackmoore (Beth Tabler)
- Hounds by Clayton Snyder
Cover reveal for Issue #30
This quarter I gave Carlos Diaz a different challenge: no killer cyber dogs, soldiers, or ne-er-do-wells. I asked him to depict this dry, brutal, and emotionally haunting scene depicted by Australian Author Kaaron Warren in her story State of Oblivion. As he has with every other cover so far, he’s absolutely smoked this one and produced a cover I love (and if I’m not mistaken, will find itself on the author’s wall soon!).
Read Grimdark Magazine Issue #30
You can also grab this issue in PDF or ePub from our catalogue.